iOS

Open discussion on QxOrm library

iOS

Postby caseybasichis » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:42 pm

Hi,

I'm planning on using QxOrm on win7 x64 and iOS should that work alright?

I decided to go the C++/Qt route after going back and forth with C# and its frameworks. I know its a bit off topic but are there any good dependency injection frameworks for this route. I am having trouble find something decent and maintained.

Thanks,
Casey
caseybasichis

Re: iOS

Postby QxOrm admin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:15 am

I'm planning on using QxOrm on win7 x64 and iOS

About win7 x64 : yep no problem ;)
About iOS : I think it's quite ambitious, but it could be funny to do if you have some time :!:

QxOrm depends on boost and Qt frameworks : so, before trying to use QxOrm on iOS, you have to try to install boost and Qt for iOS.
I think there is no official support of boost and Qt for iOS.
For smartphones, maybe Symbian is most easier to use with boost, Qt and QxOrm (because last OS, Symbian Belle, is based on Qt).
So, I think that QxOrm is not the best library to use if you want to develop on iOS.

are there any good dependency injection frameworks

Sorry, I don't know.
QxOrm admin

Postby Casey Basichis » Sun Mar 04, 2012 6:34 pm

If they are ported are there additional reasons why qxOrm won't run?

I found a script to get Boost compiled as a framework. Boost I need regardless for handling digraphs.

Qt seems to be ported as well with a few apps in the store though trepidation is the word in regards to what happens in the store when apple takes a moment to consider it.

This is for music software. I compose for a living and I prefer working on the phone. The Orm is central to the app. If not QxOrm what would you reccomend? Switching to Symbian is definitely a no go.
Casey Basichis

Postby QxOrm admin » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:10 pm

If they are ported are there additional reasons why qxOrm won't run?

No, QxOrm should work on any systems compatible with boost and Qt.
But the library is only tested under : Windows (all versions), Linux (Ubuntu) and Mac OS X.
And the compilers supported are : Visual C++ 2008/2010 and GCC.

Be careful with the SQL drivers : this is a plugin mechanism (more details on QtSql webpage) => you need to verify that you can build a SQL plugin for iOS.

If not QxOrm what would you reccomend?

For iOS, I don't know : maybe iOS SDK provides an ORM tool (?).
I never worked on iOS but Objective-C and iOS SDK seems to be the best solution to develop on iOS.
QxOrm admin

Return to QxOrm - Open discussion