Unable to start program qxBlog.exe

Forum for posting problems using QxOrm library

Unable to start program qxBlog.exe

Postby caseybasichis » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:36 am

Hi.

I am trying to get qxorm to build in vc2010 in x64.

For the blog project I get

2>Build succeeded.
2>
2>Time Elapsed 00:00:00.26
========== Build: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

And a dialog that says

Unable to start program 'C:\Develop\QxOrm\1.2.3\QxOrm - Copy\test\qxBlog\../_bin/qxBlog.exe'.
The system cannot find the file specified

There doesn't seem to be a _bin folder in the blog folder. Any idea of what I might be doing wrong? I'm very excited about incorporating QxOrm as its factory aspects would greatly benefit the project.
caseybasichis

Re: Unable to start program qxBlog.exe

Postby QxOrm admin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:19 am

Hi,

As you can see, there is some "/" and "\" into your directory when MSVC2010 try to execute your exec (C:\Develop\QxOrm\1.2.3\QxOrm - Copy\test\qxBlog\../_bin/).
Maybe this is why there is some problem to resolve the good path.

There doesn't seem to be a _bin folder in the blog folder.

No, the _bin folder is into the ./test/ directory for all projects examples, this is why you have a ../ to access to the parent directory.
Do you have a qxBlog.exe or qxBlogd.exe file into your ./test/_bin/ directory of QxOrm package ?

Your problem is really strange, but maybe you can try to remove all spaces : for example, rename QxOrm - Copy to QxOrmCopy.
Or change the target output property to put the good path to access to qxBlog.exe file...
QxOrm admin

Postby caseybasichis » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:29 pm

I changed the path pack to the plain old QxOrm and that seemed to solve the qxBlogd.exe missing

I now get an error that says can't start because "boost_serialization-vc90-mt-gd-1_49.dll is missing from your computer"

The paths set in the pri should be correct

QX_BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH = $$quote(C:/Develop/Boost/boost_1_49_0)
QX_BOOST_LIB_PATH = $$quote(C:/Develop/Boost/boost_1_49_0/lib64)
QX_BOOST_LIB_SERIALIZATION_DEBUG = "boost_serialization-vc90-mt-gd-1_49"
QX_BOOST_LIB_SERIALIZATION_RELEASE = "boost_serialization-vc90-mt-1_49"

Temporarily I just copied the boost_serialization-vc90-mt-gd-1_49.dll to the bin folder. When I run QxBlog again I get.

The application was unable to start correctly (0x0150002). Click ok to close the application"

Here is the output

'qxBlogd.exe': Loaded 'C:\Develop\QxOrm\1.2.3\QxOrm\test\_bin\qxBlogd.exe', Symbols loaded.
'qxBlogd.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\ntdll.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'qxBlogd.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\kernel32.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'qxBlogd.exe': Loaded 'C:\Windows\System32\KernelBase.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'qxBlogd.exe': Loaded 'C:\Program Files\AVAST Software\Avast\snxhk64.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
'qxBlogd.exe': Loaded 'C:\Develop\QxOrm\1.2.3\QxOrm\test\_bin\boost_serialization-vc90-mt-gd-1_49.dll', Cannot find or open the PDB file
The program '[7996] qxBlogd.exe: Native' has exited with code -1072365566 (0xc0150002).

Any thoughts as to what might be awry?
caseybasichis

Postby caseybasichis » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:39 pm

I'm not sure why that Avast dll is in there, but just to be sure, I disabled it and get the same errors except that one line is missing from the output.
caseybasichis

Postby QxOrm admin » Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:51 pm

can't start because "boost_serialization-vc90-mt-gd-1_49.dll is missing from your computer"

Just add your boost library directory to the PATH of Windows.

For Avast, this is not a problem, you can restart it.
But it seems that there is some problem to load your Qt libraries.
Maybe you have problems because you try to load some 32bits DLL with 64bits DLL, you can verify it too...

Here are some basics steps to follow to install correctly your dev environment.
Just verify all those steps for your case :
1- Download and install Qt 4.8 for MSVC2010 ;
2- Add Qt 'bin' directory to the PATH of Windows ;
3- Download my boost 1.49 package and unzip it : http://www.qxorm.com/lib/boost_1_49.zip ;
4- Add 'lib_shared' directory from my boost package to the PATH of Windows ;
5- Download QxOrm package and unzip it ;
6- Open 'QxOrm.pri' file and modify boost parameters (QX_BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH, QX_BOOST_LIB_PATH, etc.) ;
7- Open './test/qxBlog/qxBlog.sln' for example with MSVC2010, then try to build it and execute it ;
8- Test all examples from './test/' directory of QxOrm package.
QxOrm admin

Postby caseybasichis » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:28 pm

I followed those instructions.

Initially I got an error that the boost libraries from your zip were x86 and wouldn't work with the target.

I kept the same boost dir but then replaced it with the lib64 boost binaries from the same version (I downloaded these as binaries)

I made an output log -- its long, so I made the logs bold and added a "=_-" string to the start of each section so you can jump to the logs and quickly see the beginnings and ends.

http://www.caseyjamesbasichis.com/QxOrm ... rror02.rtf

There were a number of things that seemed odd to me like slashes in both directions, but I don't know what that means. I included x86 output at the top just in case that is helpful.

Any ideas on what else I might try?
caseybasichis

Postby caseybasichis » Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:43 pm

I tried it with the release mode and it seems to get further. The program seems to run but gives errors.. I hit continue a few times and then break.

http://www.caseyjamesbasichis.com/QxOrm ... rror03.rtf
caseybasichis

Postby QxOrm admin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:45 am

warning : c:\Develop\QxOrm\1.2.3\QxOrm\QxOrm.pri:46: Unescaped backslashes are deprecated

To disable this warning, into QxOrm.pri file, for QX_BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH and QX_BOOST_LIB_PATH variables, just replace all \ by /, like the default QxOrm.pri file :
Code: Select all
QX_BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH = $$quote(D:/Dvlp/_Libs/Boost/1_42/include)
QX_BOOST_LIB_PATH = $$quote(D:/Dvlp/_Libs/Boost/1_42/lib_shared)

Your problem is that you are mixing x86 (32bits DLL) and x64 (64bits DLL) into your solution => it cannot work !!!
My advise : install everything with 32bits version => Qt and boost binaries (my boost package works fine in that case).
And build QxOrm and all projects examples in 32bits version.

For example, into your log, for each file compiled, you can see the -DWIN32 flag.
Very bad if you want a 64bits version !!!

Note : QxOrm works fine with 64bits version, but you must have a dev environment and all binaries correctly configured to build x64 binaries.
QxOrm admin

Postby caseybasichis » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:25 pm

Thanks for taking a look at those.

The backslashes were a test to see if reversing the slashes in the .pri would help after trying them the other way. I've switched them back.

I definitely will compile a 32bit version of everything tonight. My target for windows though is a plugin that will run in and x64 app so I do need to find a way to get that running.

I'm having trouble understanding what libraries are x86 though, Qt and Boost should both be x64. Do I maybe need to download some extra x64 microsoft libraries? I don't understand whats left to be x86.

When I added the x64 target to the QxBlog sli I used "Copy settings from Win32" and Create new project platforms was checked. Could the problem be in setting up the target in Vs2010?

I temporarily replaced the boost serialization libraries with the x86 from the zip, but I switched them back after the first test.

Qt was compiled for x64 using this guide: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2749 ... tudio-2010
Boost was downloaded but I downloaded the x64 binaries from: http://boost.teeks99.com/

Currently both the Debug and Release are building with,

2>Build succeeded.
2>
2>Time Elapsed 00:00:00.31
========== Build: 2 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

But when the app runs I get, different errors. Debug doesn't run at all and the Release seems to do some SQL bits but then fails.

Debug
http://www.caseyjamesbasichis.com/QxOrm ... rror04.rtf
Release
http://www.caseyjamesbasichis.com/QxOrm ... rror03.rtf

Thanks you again your help. I looked to see if there was any sort of donation form on the the qxorm site, which there wasn't but I would be happy to contribute to show my appreciation.
caseybasichis

Postby QxOrm admin » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:47 pm

I definitely will compile a 32bit version of everything tonight.

You don't have to compile Qt and boost binaries : just download Qt binaries from Qt website and my boost 1.49 package.
If you follow all steps I gave you before on this topic, it will work perfectly...

Could the problem be in setting up the target in Vs2010?

Maybe, I don't know. I will install a 64bits dev environment on my computer to test it when I will have some time to do it...
It seems that you have some warnings compiling QxOrm 64bits, so I have to fix it.

Debug doesn't run at all and the Release seems to do some SQL bits but then fails

If QxOrm executes some SQL, you can see the output trace (even in release mode) using a tool like DbgView :
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysi ... s/bb896647

I looked to see if there was any sort of donation form on the the qxorm site, which there wasn't but I would be happy to contribute to show my appreciation.

Thanx very much :)
There is no link to make donation, but I really appreciate, thanx again !
QxOrm admin

Next

Return to QxOrm - Help