Older versions?

Forum for posting problems using QxOrm library

Older versions?

Postby SteveW » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:32 pm

Hi,

I am having some new issues with the QxEE generated code after moving from Qt 5.5.0 -> Qt 5.6.0 and using the latest QxORM 1.4.2 and QxEE 1.1.9.

I would like to retry the entire process again with an older version of Qt, QxORM, and QxEE (basically the one before the latest I downloaded Today), and then repeat once more with the latest version so I can be sure I have isolated what is different between the old process and the new one. (As a Hint... the "ui_QxEEGenericServicesServber.h" file does not seem to exist anymore, and so compilation fails building the server project).

Older versions of Qt are available ok, but I haven't found where I can get older versions of QxORM/QxEE from? Also with your release notes (history documentation), there are a version numbers, but no release dates. Can I get a list of release dates for each version, so I can work out which versions of QxORM and QxEE I was using at a certain date?

Thanks
Steve
SteveW

Re: Older versions?

Postby qxorm » Tue Apr 12, 2016 9:57 am

Hello,

the "ui_QxEEGenericServicesServber.h" file does not seem to exist anymore, and so compilation fails building the server project

This is normal that QxEntityEditor doesn't generate this file ==> this file must be generated by qmake (using uic).
Did you clean and rebuild everything ?
Strange that this file has not been generated by your qmake !

I haven't found where I can get older versions of QxORM/QxEE from?

Anyway, if you really want to use older versions, you can go to this link : http://www.qxorm.com/version/
You will find there all versions, with their date/time.

But I think this is an error : you should use the last versions.
They have been tested by other customers and are OK (no regression found compared to previous versions).
qxorm
Site Admin

Re: Older versions to - ui_QxEEGenericServicesServer.h not f

Postby SteveW » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:31 pm

I worked out the problem, (I think)...

QxEE generates the the following code for the Server project:

Code: Select all
#if (QT_VERSION >= 0x050000)
#include "../qt/ui/ui_QxEEGenericServicesServer.h"
#else // (QT_VERSION >= 0x050000)
#include "../qt/ui/include/ui_QxEEGenericServicesServer.h"
#endif // (QT_VERSION >= 0x050000)

Now, it's not QMake that generates ui_QxEEGenericServicesServer.h, but at the start of the actual build itself, it runs a tool called "uic.exe" which generates it.

Also, I have modified PRO/PRI files (which btw, I have to be careful off keeping intact whenever I regenerate using QxEE) which have modififed build/include etc paths (to keep intermediate build files outside the folder structure of our version control system).

I _think_ (I can't prove it unless I went back to Qt 5.5.0) that the older version of uic.exe was not respecting the UI_DIR setting and was generating the ui_QxEEGenericServicesServer.h file in one of those 2 folders that the QxEE generated code creates.

In QT 5.6.0, the ui_QxEEGenericServicesServer.h file does indeed get generated into the correct UI_DIR, so I need to make sure my include paths now include UI_DIR too.

Thanks for the initial pointer to the possible problem.
SteveW

Re: Older versions?

Postby qxorm » Thu Apr 14, 2016 3:51 pm

Thanks for the initial pointer to the possible problem.

Great ! You're welcome.
qxorm
Site Admin

Return to QxOrm - Help