QxOrm on Linux with gcc 4.6.1, Qt 4.7.4 (Ubuntu 11.10)

Forum for posting problems using QxOrm library

QxOrm on Linux with gcc 4.6.1, Qt 4.7.4 (Ubuntu 11.10)

Postby pyrrhula » Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Hi there,

I've tried to compile an in-house application using QxOrm on a computer that was recently upgraded to Ubuntu 11.10. It works fine in the previous 11.04-distribution that has an older version of gcc. What happens now is that the application crashes quite immediately. I'll paste an example crash backtrace below.

The gcc version is now at 4.6.1, Qt is 4.7.4.

- Is this a know problem with QxOrm?
- If yes, are there plans to fix this? (I'm aware that the website says tested on GCC 4.4.1).
- Or are there some other tricks that may be done to avoid this crash?

Let me know if I can help with further tests etc.

Best regards

Code: Select all
0        QMutex::lock        qmutex.cpp        151        0x7ffff253c23c       
1        QMutexLocker::QMutexLocker        qmutex.h        102        0x5fcf0e       
2        qx::QxSingleton<qx::QxFactoryX>::getSingleton        QxSingleton.inl        38        0xe42359       
3        qx::IxFactory::IxFactory        IxFactory.cpp        41        0xe41e43       
4        qx::QxFactory<MY_CLASS>::QxFactory        QxFactory.h        78        0x82a7db       
5        __static_initialization_and_destruction_0        MY_CLASS.cpp        43        0x82611d       
6        _GLOBAL__sub_I_MY_CLASS.cpp(void)        MY_CLASS.cpp        71        0x8273bc       
7        __libc_csu_init                0        0x1591f2d       
8        __libc_start_main        libc-start.c        185        0x7ffff17252a0       
9        _start                0        0x5aa7c5
pyrrhula

Re: QxOrm on Linux with gcc 4.6.1, Qt 4.7.4 (Ubuntu 11.10)

Postby QxOrm admin » Thu Nov 17, 2011 8:06 am

Hi,

I have never tested QxOrm with GCC 4.6.1 but I think there is no problem.
Maybe you can try to recompile boost libraries and Qt libraries with GCC 4.6.1 => you have maybe some old binaries compatible only with an older version of GCC ?

PS : have you tried to execute all samples projects of './test/' directory ?
You can compile all of them using './tools/gcc_build_all_debug.sh' script...
QxOrm admin

Re: QxOrm on Linux with gcc 4.6.1, Qt 4.7.4 (Ubuntu 11.10)

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 17, 2011 1:39 pm

Hi,

thank you very much for the quick response!

Following your tip I have now tested the test applications and they work without problems.

It turns out, the crashing application was accidentally linking to a static library version of QxOrm (with fresh builds of the static QxOrm lib, not some old one). By using dynamic linking instead it works. I haven't tried to build the QxOrm test apps with static linking to see how that goes, we're aiming for dynamic linking anyway because of the LGPL license.

Thanks again :-)

Return to QxOrm - Help