Problem with building QxOrm v1.2.2 under openSUSE

Forum for posting problems using QxOrm library

Problem with building QxOrm v1.2.2 under openSUSE

Postby matthew » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:28 pm

Hello. This is my first post and I would like to say that English isn't my native language so I'm sorry for any mistake.
First of all I want to say that I compiled successfully QxOrm v1.2.1 under openSUSE but with version 1.2.2 I had some problems. I compile QxOrm library by run appropriate shell script that is located in tools directory. I use gcc version 4.6. I typed in qt project include file appropriate pathnames to my boost serialization libraries and header files like I did previous while building QxOrm 1.2.1. Unfortunately I got some errors (warnings?) from my ld linker while building sample exe app from test folder (so the QxOrm is build successfully because all QxOrm libraries are in the folder lib):

g++ -o ../../../../QxOrm/test/_bin/exed debug/main.o -L/usr/lib -L/usr/lib -lboost_serialization-mt -L../../../../QxOrm/test/_bin -lQxOrmd -ldll1d -ldll2d -lQtSql -lQtXml -lQtGui -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lQtNetwork -lQtCore -lpthread
debug/main.o: In function `main':
/home/matthew/Documents/Libraries/QxOrm/test/qxDllSample/exe/src/main.cpp:95: undefined reference to `qx::QxInvalidValueX::text() const'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [../../../../QxOrm/test/_bin/exed] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/matthew/Documents/Libraries/QxOrm/test/qxDllSample/exe'
make: *** [debug] Error 2

What is wrong with this? I compare folder structure (relative paths) of QxOrm library, bash scripts and other files and these from v1.2.2 are identical to these from v1.2.1.
Can I tell that QxOrm library will work successfully? Sorry for my English and please help me.
matthew

Re: Problem with building QxOrm v1.2.2 under openSUSE

Postby QxOrm admin » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:41 am

This is my first post and I would like to say that English isn't my native language so I'm sorry for any mistake.

Don't worry about that ;)
I'm french so if you speak better french, you can post on the FR forum here : http://www.developpez.net/forums/f1563/ ... ues/qxorm/
It will be more easier for me too :D

undefined reference to `qx::QxInvalidValueX::text() const'

This is a new feature of QxOrm 1.2.2 (QxValidator module) : since you said that you already built QxOrm 1.2.1, I think your linker uses the old library (maybe a cache mechanism or something else).
I think that you have to remove old files somewhere : you can try to locate the wrong dependency using ldd command : http://linux.about.com/library/cmd/blcmdl1_ldd.htm

Note to build correctly QxOrm library : the first thing to do is to read this entry of the FAQ : http://www.qxorm.com/qxorm_en/faq.html#faq_30
To build QxOrm library and all samples, you just have to do 1 thing : modify QxOrm.pri file to put your boost directory, and then use the script into ./tools/ directory to build all samples.

For informations, I have no problem to build QxOrm 1.2.2 and use it on Ubuntu => so I'm sure that it's the same thing for openSUSE...
QxOrm admin

Postby matthew » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:37 pm

Thank you very much for your advice. I will check this as soon as possible.
I don't speak French. I'm from Poland :)
matthew

Postby matthew » Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:48 pm

Forget the problem. I forgot that i copied libqxormd v1.2.1 into my usr/lib/ directory :D Ldd show me that libraries dependencies. Thank you for your advice one more time.
matthew

Return to QxOrm - Help