Error while building qx orm using Qt Creator in ubuntu 11.10

Forum for posting problems using QxOrm library

Error while building qx orm using Qt Creator in ubuntu 11.10

Postby batosai » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:31 am

hi i am new to Qxorm.
i was trying to build Qxorm using qt creator it is giving me following errors.
1) error: cannot find -lboost_serialization-mt
2) error: collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

i am using boost 1.48.0 and it is installed in the path /usr/local/include/boost
boost library path is /usr/local/lib

so please help me with the flags i have to set in qxorm.pri file and also where does the Qxorm get installed?

Thanks in advance
batosai

Re: Error while building qx orm using Qt Creator in ubuntu 11.10

Postby QxOrm admin » Mon Feb 20, 2012 12:15 pm

Hi,

It seems that you just have a problem building QxOrm library (the compilation process seems ok).
So, you just have to modify your QxOrm.pri file to set your path of boost library : http://www.qxorm.com/qxorm_en/faq.html#faq_30

For Ubuntu, you have a section : unix { ... }
It's inside this section that you have to modify your path and boost library name...

PS: you can install QxOrm library where you want.
You can also use the scripts (gcc_build_all_debug.sh) into ./tools/ directory to build QxOrm and all samples quickly...
QxOrm admin

Postby batosai » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:44 pm

QxOrm admin wrote:Hi,

It seems that you just have a problem building QxOrm library (the compilation process seems ok).
So, you just have to modify your QxOrm.pri file to set your path of boost library : http://www.qxorm.com/qxorm_en/faq.html#faq_30

For Ubuntu, you have a section : unix { ... }
It's inside this section that you have to modify your path and boost library name...

PS: you can install QxOrm library where you want.
You can also use the scripts (gcc_build_all_debug.sh) into ./tools/ directory to build QxOrm and all samples quickly...

Thank u very much for the promp reply..
As per your suggestion i did try installing using terminal but i could not.I went through the url i included the flags in qt for boost 1_48_0 but still i get the same error.
I am new to ubuntu as well as programming.it would be really helpfull if u could take a little time of yours and help me in step by step manner on installation process.
My specifications are as follows.
i have qt creator 2.2.1 based on Qt4.7.3(64 bit installed)
i have got Boost 1_48_0 installed at /usr/local/include/
i am using ubuntu 11.10 please help me with installation process using both terminal and qt and flags i need to include
batosai

Postby QxOrm admin » Wed Feb 22, 2012 10:39 am

Sorry but I don't know how to help you more.
Under Ubuntu, you just have to :
1- install Qt (from Synaptic for example) ;
2- install boost (from Synaptic too if you want) ;
3- extract QxOrm library where you want (your home directory for example) ;
4- open QxOrm.pri file : inside this file, just modify your boost path and boost serialization name into unix section ;
5- go to ./tools/ directory of QxOrm package and execute gcc_build_all_debug.sh script to build QxOrm and all samples.

There is nothing more to do : you don't have to modify Qt or boost, just only 1 file (QxOrm.pri) to set your boost directory.

Your compilation process seems ok => it means that QX_BOOST_INCLUDE_PATH is OK inside QxOrm.pri file.
So just modify QX_BOOST_LIB_PATH, QX_BOOST_LIB_SERIALIZATION_DEBUG and QX_BOOST_LIB_SERIALIZATION_RELEASE variables inside unix section for linking process.
QxOrm admin

Return to QxOrm - Help