Unhandled exception

Forum for posting problems using QxEntityEditor

Unhandled exception

Postby mdw » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:53 pm

After importing a particular table from SQLite, QxEntityEditor breaks with a strange exception (see attachment)

Unfortunately I do not have any debug symbols so I cannot provide more information.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (7.53 KiB) Viewed 27141 times
mdw

Re: Unhandled exception

Postby qxorm » Tue Aug 30, 2016 3:53 pm

Hello,

To have more details and some logs, you could try to start QxEntityEditor with the parameter --log_sql, for example here is a command line on Windows :
Code: Select all
QxEntityEditor.exe --log_sql

Then, on Windows, you can use a tool like DebugView.exe : https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sys ... gview.aspx
This tool displays all logs generated by QxEntityEditor.

On Linux, to see the logs, just start QxEntityEditor from a terminal, like this : ./QxEntityEditor
On MacOSX, to see the logs, instead of using the classic open QxEntityEditor.app, just go to the app sub-directory : cd QxEntityEditor.app/Content/MacOS/, then ./QxEntityEditor

Your error seems to be in libavoid.dll, this is the component which draws the relationships between entities.
Could you please go to the main menu of QxEntityEditor : "Tools >> Global Settings", then enable the option "Use old style to draw relationships" : do you still have your error with this option enabled ?

If your error happens also when you open your project, could you please send to me your *.qxee project file ?
qxorm
Site Admin

Postby mdw » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:25 am

"Use old style to draw relationships" works.
mdw

Postby qxorm » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:26 am

Great !
qxorm
Site Admin

Return to QxEntityEditor - Help