Cascade and Not Null

Use this forum to request new features or suggest modifications to existing features

Cascade and Not Null

Postby jimmytaker » Sat Dec 24, 2016 12:03 am

It would be nice to be able to set the foreign keys to 'not null' (like it is possible to set a property 'not null').

It would also be nice to have the option to set the 'on update' and 'on delete' relationships to cascade and set to null.
jimmytaker

Re: Cascade and Not Null

Postby qxorm » Sat Dec 24, 2016 1:29 pm

Hello,

to be able to set the foreign keys to 'not null' ... option to set the 'on update' and 'on delete' relationships to cascade and set to null

Do you want these options only for generated DDL SQL database schema ?

FYI, you can manage options which are not available in QxEntityEditor using meta-data feature (for an entity/property/relation/enum) : http://www.qxorm.com/qxorm_en/manual_qx ... ity_params
Then, all meta-data are available in the Javascript engine to customize exports (so you can customize DDL export for example), and are also available in C++ code : http://www.qxorm.com/qxorm_en/manual_qx ... _meta_data
qxorm
Site Admin

Postby jimmytaker » Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:56 am

Yes, I meant in the resulting generated SQL.

Excuse me, I do not understand this:
Then, all meta-data are available in the Javascript engine to customize exports (so you can customize DDL export for example)

I do not understand how to modify what appears in the generated SQL from within QxEntityEditor
jimmytaker

Postby jimmytaker » Sun Dec 25, 2016 3:05 am

Ok. The JavaScript engine. I guess that will work. Maybe I will get into it. I do not know. That appears a bit too much work atm.
jimmytaker

Return to QxEntityEditor - Feature request